This will be the second year running we have been shortlisted, last year winning ‘Project of the Year’ for Heathfield Academy.
The ‘People Development’ category recognises the following:
People are our greatest asset and this award recognises organisations that have really captured the full value of their human resource. Agents for change, those who proactively cascade education throughout their team, develop highly motivated movers and shakers, have a significant impact on the future of the construction industry.
Judges are looking for an organisation that is leading edge in the way it develops their existing team and attracts new entrants into the industry. Exemplary people developers will be able show judges how they:
- Invest in training and upskilling their workforce.
- Encourage new talent and entrants, possibly working in collaboration with other organisations.
- Encourage their employees and supply chain to be more aware of local communities, the environment and the image of the industry.
- Put equal opportunity and diversity in the mix for their development planning.
- Can evidence a development strategy with monitoring and measurement of achievement and effect.
This is a fantastic award to be shortlisted for, we pride ourselves on having a strong team ethos and continue to not only support our members of staff in reaching career goals, but also encouraging new entrants into the industry.
For more information on the awards, vist the Constructing Excellence website.