Central to the project is a new landscaped pedestrianised public plaza along Duke Street, creating a pleasant open space for tenants of Dukes Court and the public.
There will be a new restaurant and huge living ‘green’ wall that will improve air quality around the site, new signage and pedestrian routes.
Construction Begins on Dukes Court
Built in 1986, Dukes Court was viewed as a symbol of Woking’s economic growth, offering 220,000 sq. ft. of premium office accommodation.
These works will ensure Dukes Court will continue to play an important role in the town’s future.
Construction begins on Dukes Court in November and will be a two phased development with completion expected for 2021.
Phase 1: November 2019 – August 2020
- Site clearance and drainage works
- Commence construction of restaurant.
- Resurface parts of Duke Street, Locke Way and Chertsey Road.
- Resurface pedestrian footways with grey granite block paving already used to great affect across the town centre.
- Create new drop-off/pick-up area outside Dukes Court main entrance.
- Create five new disabled parking bays on Duke Street.
Phase 2: May 2020 – January 2021
- Close Duke Street from junction with Locke Way and The Broadway.
- Site clearance and drainage works outside Elizabeth House.
- Remove existing highway surface to enable landscaping works for pedestrianised plaza.
- Install living ‘green’ wall on Dukes Court central core (September 2020 – November 2020).
Check back at our news page for further updates.