History of Noviun Architects
The History of Noviun Architects started in 1955 when Ray Hunter established Hunter + Partners.
Edward Keelaghan and Ian Hurlstone had joined the practice and become partners by 1981.
During the 1980s and 90s, Ian and Edward were personally involved in the design and implementation of many significant projects for the practice. These included new office developments, workplace fitting-out, the refurbishment of many listed buildings, keyworker and residential schemes, retail and work on hotels.
1997 saw the firm set up Hunter & Partners South providing particular design expertise across the education, healthcare, residential and leisure sectors.
Milestones have included the design of one of the country’s first fully inclusive educational campuses, to a wide range of ground-breaking buildings under BSF and the subsequent academies and free schools programmes.
About our future
From 2011 the Hunters South entity has operated as an independent practice, with Edward and Ian as its principals alongside the directors. This now becomes Noviun. Same people, same back catalogue, same forward thinking approach.